Interesting Blog Searches in 2010
Published January 18, 2011
I’ve poured through hundreds of search terms from Google Analytics, and narrowed the list down to my favourite 20 or so. I have to laugh when I look at the things that people are searching for in Google and get pointed to my blog. People have A LOT of spare time on their hands!
There were the usual searches for the Yahoo Airmiles toolbar being broken, the PC Children’s Charity Cameron Bear, and the Unfriendly Giant… But I was looking for some truly unique searches, and this is what I found. In no particular order, these are some of the exact search terms, spelling mistakes included:
- i hit a crow windshield omen What? OK, sure, I blogged about hitting the stupidest crow ever with my car, and mentioned that there’s probably a curse on me now… but hard to believe that someone actually went searching for that particular term… I really wish that they had left a comment on the blog!
- donair dreams I love my donairs. I do. But do I dream about them? Umm… no… Apparently someone does though!
- plenty of fish sucks This really isn’t all that unique, but I wanted to illustrate that I am not alone in my thinking that the “World’s Largest Free Online Dating Site” has some work to do.
- quarter-pounder guy I’ve been called a lot of things in my lifetime… come to think of it, quarter-pounder guy may have even been one of them! I hope that whoever was searching for this term found something of use on my blog!
- all i want for christmas is my bp check This one is a little weird… I know that I was writing a series before Christmas called “All I Want For Christmas Is…” I guess someone really wants some money from BP. I can only assume that they’re affected by the tiny oil glitch in the Gulf. I hope that Santa didn’t disappoint!
- blog titles for bad vacations I don’t know about you, but I didn’t have a bad vacation last year. I guess someone must have, though!
- can i see a cystoscopy being performed on a man Umm…. ewwwwwww…
- corrythegreat No idea who Corry is, or why they’re great. I can see StephentheGreat being a search term, but this one baffles me a little…
- cystoscopy man video OK, what is the fascination with shoving a camera up a man’s penis to explore whatever is hidden up there?
- luxury living Yeah, I’m guessing whoever was searching for this didn’t stay on the blog very long. There ain’t no such thing as luxury living here!
- making cystoscopy tolerable At least this one makes sense. My suggestion. Rum. Lots of rum. And a couple of cute nurses.
- modesty in childbirth Haha… Good luck with that!
- moncton tire being slash Wasn’t me! I didn’t do it! Great grammar, btw…
- my dynes tv is making a funny smell is that bad First of all, it’s a Dynex tv. Helps to get the brand name correct. Second, yeah… a funny smell is probably not a good thing. Did you really have to go to Google to find out? Maybe you shouldn’t have a tv. Open a book instead. Something with pictures.
- no modesty during cystoscopy Ain’t that the truth!
- smurfs characters Ah, here we go! Did I mention that Katy Perry is doing the voice of Smurfette in the new 3D movie coming out? 🙂
- sobey’s chickpeas I can only assume that there is a girl somewhere nearby flooding Google with crazy chickpea searches. Just a girl…
- sytycd bum dance I remember this one! Nice bum! 🙂
- what is it like to live in saint john Let me sum it up in one word… COLD!
- when can you eat lady ashburn pickles Any time you feel like it! As long as there is another jar on the shelf, and you’re not just eating them with cheese. Please… show some respect for Lady A.
- where did the saying squab, squab, squab Despite the poorly worded search term, I actually understand what they were searching for! Remember the Two and a Half Men episode about Squab? I do!
- why is jessica lee singing “good to you” and not kate voegele? That is an excellent question! Do let me know if you ever figure out the answer to that one. While you’re at it, why not ask the boys at Marianas Trench why they chose to make such a horrible video for a beautiful song. I’m sticking with the Kate version. It’s amazing.
Well there you have it, folks. Those are just a few of the weird and wonderful search terms put into Google that were directed to my blog!
Curious to see what next year brings.